Monday 16 March 2015

Think Pink


I love this shade of pink, I completely adore the outfit and yet I wear very little pink, preferring black and grey and leather which make me feel cosy, strong and confident with a sense of direction. 
Colours have an effect on us, pink brings out the delicate side in me,  I like to have touches of it around my home albeit a vase of flowers, textiles, quilts, or paint and wallpaper ... But not too much of it and it has to be pale vintage pink. :-)

This is what I have found on the subject of pink

PINK.
Positive: Physical tranquillity, nurture, warmth, femininity, love, sexuality, survival of the species.
Negative: Inhibition, emotional claustrophobia, emasculation, physical weakness.
Being a tint of red, pink also affects us physically, but it soothes, rather than stimulates. (Interestingly, red is the only colour that has an entirely separate name for its tints. Tints of blue, green, yellow, etc. are simply called light blue, light greenetc.) Pink is a powerful colour, psychologically. It represents the feminine principle, and survival of the species; it is nurturing and physically soothing. Too much pink is physically draining and can be somewhat emasculating.

No comments: