Wednesday, 24 January 2007

At last a Project finished!

Well I have reached the deadline and have finished my project.
I work in textiles using free machine and hand embroidery and have created a seascape entitled - The Blue Yonder – using velvets and silk waste.

I started with some plain white velvets and then dyed the fabric. A great book to refer to is 'Dyeing in plastic bags'. I use the processes in this book although I use this big tray and dye the fabrics out flat.

I love colour, vibrant or palest hues. I dye my fabrics for complete control of colour much like a painter.

Eventually I got the colours right and then came the fun part, piecing the bits together and then the free machine embroidery. The piece below has wadding and wool as a batting and has been quilted down with stitch.
The sand and surf were created next using a variety of techniques and then the sky - a little more complicated than first anticipated was finally ready.

Alright now without further ado I nervously present -

The Blue Yonder
Phew..... now I really need to tidy up the mess I have created from this project.

20 comments:

Annabelle said...

So beautiful!You certainly captured the essence of the foam and surf and sky.I love this seascape.

Annabelle ~^..^~ xo

louise said...

How lovely, I can almost hear the surf! Louise :)

Nonnie said...

Gorgeous. I'm now imagining lying on a warm beach somewhere. Just what I need to chase away the winter chills.

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

WOW! What a creative girl you are Ginny.
It is beautiful. I love the blue colour and the textures you have created.
Where are you going to display your masterpiece?
Niki

Carol said...

This looks like a real art piece to me. Beautiful colours, well done Ginny!

Deb said...

Stunning! What an incredible creative process.

Kathrin said...

what a lovely blogg you have!!!
MMMMM.... delicious.

Tracy said...

You are one creative lady x
It is so inspiring seeing such a beautiful piece of artwork - i just wish it was being exhibited locally so i could go and visit and enjoy seeing all the colours and textures close up.
Just wonderful xx

For the love of country said...

How beauitful! Love your blog, thanks for visiting mine! :)

Susie Q said...

Just a beautiful piece. It captures the feel of a sea and punding surf and warm sand....just lovely.
You have a great talent.
Warmly,
Sue

Clare said...

Hi Ginny, what a wonderful piece of work, I can hear the sea! Clare x

Shirlee said...

That is gorgeous. I love the colours. Before I finished reading through your post and seeing the whole piece, I immediately thought of the sea and surf.

Alison said...

Hi Ginny, Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.
Your artwork is SOOO beautiful. It's the sort of work that you'd just have to touch.

Colette said...

Brilliant!

I appreciated your sweet comment on my blog. I see from all your pictures that you're a textile artist after my own heart.

Cindy said...

I just found blog and had to tell you how beautiful it is. You are very creative!

kelly said...

what lovely things you create! I am inspired.

teodo said...

Wonderful! it looks like the sea around the isle Capri in the south of Italy. ciao ciao

Peta said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!

mohairpink said...

I really wish I had this kind of talent. I would love to make something so beautiful.

jasmoon-butterfly said...

beautiful x